Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Positive Urine Tests

Yesterday morning, exactly one week after transfer seemed like a great time to test. I took three tests and all three came back positive. We don't get the official word or hCG level until tomorrow, but it is sooo nice to not have to wait anymore. The first thing I did was freak out, then I called A&M and spoke with A. She was beyond excited, beyond thrilled.... hearing her reaction -- so powerful.... it just really made me realize just how glad I am to be a part of this with them.

I am overwhelmed about all of this in a very good way. It seems as though everything progressed so quickly. With all the uncertainties in every step of this process, it is just unbelievable that we have gotten this far. I am so happy! :)

I have been feeling different since Saturday. It hasn't been full-blown morning sickness, but only a little sick feeling throughout the day. Jay kept telling me that it worked and I was pregnant, but I didn't want to accept that until we tested. The one major thing that really made him realize something was different is my body temperature being higher than usual. I usually can't get warm, I'm always chilly. He teases me all the time saying, "You’d be cold wearing a parka in the desert in the middle of July." This, I must admit, isn’t too far off from the truth. Anyways, I have been unordinary hot, which is a part of pregnancy. :))

Sleeplessness has set in, I've been waking up earlier and earlier, but I am able to get things done. This morning I woke up at 4 with hunger so strong that I felt as though I needed to puke. After this I will do some of my reading for Friday's class.

I weighed myself yesterday and I was sooo surprised, not in a good way! LOL... I have gained 13 pounds since December from when I started birth control and all the meds that began in March. I know that all of these meds, including B.C. say that weight gain is the primary side effect, but I didn't realize it has been increasing this much. I have honestly been very mindful in what I eat, and up until last week, I have been active enough to where I normally have been able to stay stabilized in weight. If I understand right, once I am able to quit the injections, it won't be so dramatized. I'm not too worried about it; the main focus is staying healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment