Monday, April 5, 2010

Transfer Day

The day started out well -- I had an afternoon appointment so I was able to fix up stuff around the house and get my goodies together for bed rest. Jay and I went out for lunch so that I would be able to start filling my bladder as close to the necessary time as possible. The wait at the office went fast though, about an hour and a half of pure waiting because there were a few questions with the embryos.

After everything was adjusted, I was wheeled into the transfer room and the process began. All in all, the most uncomfortable part was having my bladder full for so long, but it is a small price to pay for the outcome. :)

I had a call from the surrogacy center director Tina just making sure everything went well. Then when we arrived home, the most beautiful arragnement of flowers was waiting on the door step. What a wonderful surprise!! A&M sent them and I couldn't feel more blessed to have such caring and thoughtful intended parents to work with. I can't even express how much this warmed my heart, I am so lucky!

I am now on bed rest until Wenesday morning. It is nice to relax now, but I have a feeling that I will be ready to get up and move around when the time comes.

I have been praying and thanking God for all of the blessings he has given us all. My appointment to test for pregnancy is only 9 days away so it will definitely be hard to not test earlier than that.

I'm sure I'll be back to update more as boredem sets in. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment